The Four E’s of Certified Financial Planner Dallas & Advisor
A CFP isn’t just any financial advisor or financial planner. By choosing to work with a CFP, you guarantee that you will be learning from the best, most qualified experts in the industry. Why is this? When CFPs train for their certification, the foundation of their training is what the CFP Board calls “The Four E’s.”
- Education is a crucial aspect of any CFP’s Universities and colleges offer curricula designed specifically to train and educate potential financial advisors for the duties performed by CFP Certificants. Learning doesn’t stop there! Continuing education is also a biannual requirement for the maintenance of certification. Continuing education includes:
- 30 hours of education every 2 years
- Study of the CFP Board’s Code of Ethics
- Examinations are used to assess potential certificants abilities to apply knowledge from their education to situations they will encounter when working with real clients. Graduates from financial planning education programs must pass this examination in order to obtain board certification. Passing this examination is no simple task. It is:
- Two days long
- A total of 10 hours
- Covers a variety of financial planning topics to ensure well-rounded knowledge and application
- Experience is essential! Before financial planners can use the official title of “Certified financial planner ,” they must amass several years of hands-on experience.
- Ethics and working to make each client a priority is at the center of each CFP certificant’s education, application, and strategy. In order to maintain their certification, these financial professionals are held to high standards of professional responsibility.
The Certified financial advisor certificants at Munn & Morris Financial Advisors fully embrace each of these concepts and take pride when employing them during daily practice. By pursuing financial planning services with us, you will find comfort in knowing that our professionals are thoroughly educated, highly qualified, experienced, and dedicated to providing you with the best personal services available.